Join the Revolution.
The digital entertainment industry is changing faster than ever, led by new innovations and increasingly, new players; more States are developing competitive educational programs today, while entire countries are taking aggressive steps to secure the digital jobs of tomorrow. If we like living in Utah and working in digital entertainment, we're going to need to stay ahead of the field. But...
We're not competing.
Despite boasting a wealth of creative talent here, we only have a small number of entertainment businesses that make enough money to sustain and compete on the world stage. Despite our State being ranked as one of the best places in tech to do business, in entertainment we don't even make the list.
This is not a whine. It's a call to action for YOU.
This is not a cry for a handout. We can't build a future based on incentives - think of them like gasoline: if you have a fire, they can make it boom. But if you just have a pile of wood then adding gasoline just makes that pile of wood damp!
WE need to be the sparks that make the flame.
UDEN is three years old. Our goal is to create a community of the creators of digital entertainment. We are making progress but it is slow and time is not our friend. We can't do this alone. We need ideas, plans and volunteers to deliver on those plans. And while we truly believe that our network meetings are important, we don't just want to be meeting organizers!
For 2018 our focus continues to be on augmented and virtual reality (AR, VR) technologies as we believe they offer significant opportunity for our existing creative and technical expertise as well as promise for economic growth in the global entertainment sector. By working together and collaborating, we can have an unfair advantage.
See our latest news and member blogs here.
SUPPORT US. BE ACTIVE IN OUR COMMUNITY. ADVOCATE. BE A VOICE.
We're UDEN - The Utah Digital Entertainment Network.
A non-profit, voluntary trade group for the creators of content and technology. Founded by local industry professionals, run by local industry professionals.
- Overall, we aim to be a single voice for all of those involved in digital entertainment in Utah – films, games, education, technology and more.
- There are many talented people here working in digital entertainment, but we’re doing so in small, disconnected networks
- For a healthy ecosystem and vibrant future we need to build a community that is looking out for the entire sector, not just individual interest
- With your help, UDEN can build this community here in Utah
- Other entertainment areas attained success by becoming a community first that collaborated to create economic growth. New York, Montreal, Austin - all excellent examples
- We won’t do this by replacing anything that already exists – on the contrary, we want to be additive – to help connect the dots between everything that already exists – companies, services, groups – and help them become stronger by being connected in the ecosystem – part of a wider community
- We have regular membership meetings for networking, sharing and education - check out our UPCOMING EVENTS page for details of ours and other relevant gatherings for our community