Events of interest in digital entertainment in Utah!
ADD YOUR EVENT here for free using the link lower down the page!
FREE MEETUP for all aspiring and professional actors.
No experience required! Begin your journey in acting!
Broadway Talent Agency
740 W. 1700 S., # 9
Salt Lake City, Utah, UT 84115
Every Tuesday 5pm-7pm
Every Saturday 12pm-2pm
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Let's get you AUDITION READY for upcoming films!
- Learn about upcoming films and paid casting calls
- Join 1 free acting class
- Learn how to improve your audition performance
- Learn how to enhance the visibility of your portfolio
- Network with others in the industry
WHAT TO BRING:
Just bring yourself and mention this post!Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at 06:00 PM through June 05, 2018Broadway Talent Agency in Salt Lake City, UT
Join us for the inaugural Utah Podcast Summit, presented by KSL Newsradio, KUER 90.1, X96, and the Miller Business Resource Center!
Have you always wanted to start a podcast? Are you podcasting and want to quit your day job? Do you want to build a community?
If so, the Utah Podcast Summit is for you!
Featuring experienced podcasters from I am Salt Lake Podcast, Dirt In Your Skirt, Biz4goodshow, The Fandom Podcast, WhiteHat Magazine, and more, Utah's largest podcast summit is the place to learn how to start, build, and grow a successful podcast!
- How To Start a Podcast: Technology and What to Talk About
- How To Find Your Audience: Marketing 101
- How To Make Money: Affiliate Marketing, Ads, and Membership Platforms
- Taking It to the Next Level: How to Quit Your Day Job
- Storytelling: Breathe Life into Your Brand
- How to Engage Your Audience
Join us for this groundbreaking event and join Utah's podcaster community!
Price is $60; breakfast and lunch are included in your ticket. Purchase tickets at www.utahpodcastsummit.com.Saturday, June 02, 2018 at 08:00 AM · $60.00 USDMiller Business Resource Center in Sandy, UT
The Utah Technology Innovation Summit is Utah’s premier science and technology conference that aims to explore challenges and opportunities to stimulate economic development and commercial growth through innovation. Attendees will have the opportunity to explore the role of deep technology in Utah’s economy, network with innovative thought leaders and learn more about projects and companies supported by USTAR. The summit brings together innovators, decision makers, thought leaders, investors and entrepreneurs to share best practices to catalyze growth in science, tech, innovation and entrepreneurship across Utah.
The Summit’s schedule will feature a project and partner showcase, a series of keynote presentations, four breakout sessions, breakfast and lunch, networking opportunities and will culminate with the governor awarding the 2018 Governor’s Medals for Science and Technology.Wednesday, June 06, 2018 at 08:00 AM · $79.00 USDSalt Lake Marriott Downtown (City Creek) in Salt Lake City, UT
Come learn from the experts! Google is flying in a trainer to lead workshops on how to successfully get your business online.
The classes offered will be:
1. Get Found on Google Search and Maps
Explore Google My Business, a free tool for local businesses who want to connect with customers on Google Search and Maps. Get hands-on help creating or updating your listing, and take advantage of a free website.
In this session we’ll show you how to:
● Create or claim your Google My Business listing
● Manage your business info across Google Search and Maps
● Use Google My Business to connect with potential customers
● Create a free website using the info from your business listing
2. Intro to Online Marketing
Learn how customers find your business online and how to promote your online presence using a free business listing, search engine optimization (SEO) techniques, and online advertising. We’ll introduce some tools that can help, including Google Analytics and Google Trends.
In this workshop we’ll discuss best practices for:
● Creating a free Google My Business listing
● Improving your website’s visibility in Google’s organic search results, on all devices
● Advertising your business on Google
3. Make Your Website Work for You
If you’re launching a new business website (or sprucing up an existing site), this workshop is for you. Learn how to create a search-friendly website that’s useful for customers and supports your business goals.
In this workshop we’ll offer tips for:
● Building a goal-oriented website
● Creating useful content for your audience
● Insuring your site is useful for visitors, on any and every device
● Increasing visibility with search engine optimization (SEO)
Don’t forget to bring your lap top!
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Corissa Saint Laurent
Corissa is a speaker for Google’s Get Your Business Online program. Her marketing career began as a small business owner in the early 2000’s. After running a wellness business, she opened a marketing firm dedicated to helping small businesses and nonprofits succeed.
She began teaching marketing workshops and partnered with Constant Contact before going to work for them for 8 years as the Director of Regional Development for three distinct regions.
Corissa’s love for teaching and presenting led to the launching of her third business as a professional speaker and trainer. She has presented to over 50,000 in live settings and her on-camera and print content have reached hundreds of thousands more. She is passionate about helping small businesses learn the power of digital marketing and inspiring individuals to achieve their dreams.
If you are driving, park in the west side of the parking lot on the corner with 400 South and State Street. When you arrive, proceed to the left/west (monthly and validated parking) area and take a ticket and pass through the yellow parking gate. We will provide validations upstairs at the front desk.
Please do not enter on the right/east side and park in the two rows closest to the building or you will have to pay in advance and we will not be able to validate your parking.
Please note that we are not able to guarantee parking for everyone in our lot.
We encourage you to take Trax and help keep our air clean. Please use the Library Square stop on the red line to arrive at the Salt Lake Chamber offices.Thursday, June 07, 2018 at 08:00 AMWomen's Business Center in Salt Lake City, UT
Creative Guild is opening our doors and you're invited to come celebrate with us!
This a great opportunity to mingle, network and learn more about our services, and how they'll serve and empower the local community.
Music, Drinks and Hors d'oeuvres will be provided!
Attendees will be offered special discounts for our memberships, classes, recording studio, stage / theater and conference room.
Kids 12 & up are welcome to attend with you.
This is a free event. Please follow the link to obtain tickets so we can plan accordingly!Friday, June 08, 2018 at 06:00 PMCreative Guild Studio in Salt Lake City, UT
Get Ready for An Amazing Challenge!
The weekend? June 8 - 10, 2018
The challenge? To make a film in only 48 hours!
Filmmakers from all over the Salt Lake City, UT area will compete to see who can make the best short film in only 48 hours. The winning film will go up against films from around the world at Filmapalooza 2019 for a chance at the grand prize and an opportunity to screen at the Cannes Film Festival 2019 Short Film Corner.
- Fri, Jun 8, 2018 @ 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Sun, Jun 10, 2018
by 7:30pm to be on-time
Friday, June 08, 2018 at 06:00 PM through June 10, 2018 · $168.00 USDBroadway Center Cinemas in Salt Lake City, UT
- Regular: $168 USD/team ends Tue, May 29
- Late: $188 USD/team ends Fri, Jun 8
With over 3300 main-conference paper submissions and 979 accepted papers, CVPR 2018 offers an exciting program covering a wide variety of state-of-the-art work in the field of computer vision. In addition to the main program, CVPR 2018 includes 21 tutorials, 48 workshops, our annual doctoral consortium, and a growing industrial exhibition featuring over 115 companies. We are grateful to our numerous sponsors for their continued support.
We hope you enjoy CVPR while you're here and take some time either before or after the meeting to enjoy the mountains, lakes, national parks, and other attractions of Utah.
CVPR represents an international community of scholars whose collective efforts are embodied in one of the finest conferences in all of Computer Science.
The CVPR organizers take the view that good ideas can come from anyone, anywhere and that these good ideas should be disseminated for the good of all humanity – without exception. The organizing committee will continue to work to ensure that we do all we can to live up to these ideals. Our community knows no boundaries and we will strive to help researchers to participate, no matter where they live and without regard to race, gender, or background.
All participants are expected to abide by the meeting's Code of Conduct.
You do not have to be an author to attend.Monday, June 18, 2018 at 08:00 AM through June 23, 2018Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, UT
2018 Utah Arts Festival: Fear No Film
Thu, June 21 - Sun, June 24
2018 is ripping off a patchwork of societal band aids, each placed over time across a range of incomplete issues. Fear No Film 2018 distinguishes these band aids through a lense of over 50 international short films, grouped thematically into categories of Self Identity, Self Comparison, Our Busy Pace, The Information Age, Opportunity Disparity, Differing Trajectories, and New Boundaries. Each program contains multiple award-winning short films and differing filmmaker styles.
Screenings last about an hour inside the City Library Auditorium. All Screenings, except for kids’ films shown in the Kids Art Yard, can contain adult content. All are free to the public.
- The Jump, 10 min, United Kingdom
- Real Lovin, 4 min, Canada
- You Will Be Fine, 15 min, France
- The Embroidered Dress, 20 min, Turkey
- A Portrait Of…, 3 min, Utah
- Ladia, 7 min, Massachusetts
- I Don’t Love You Anymore, 3 min, Spain
- Make America Black Again, 13 min, New York
- The Garage, 11 min, Illinois
- Samar, 9 min, Iran
- A Hand of Bridge, 15 min, New York
- Sonja, 4 min, Slovakia
- Game, 16 min, California
The Information Age
- Incendio, 6 min, Oregon
- Ranapakhara, 10 min, United Arab Emirates
- Basketball, 4 min, California
- Training, 3 min, Nevada
- Birthday Night, 23 min, Iran
Our Busy Pace
- 24/7, 6 min, Australia
- Psicolapse, 8 min, Spain
- Aaba, 22 min, India
- Scandal, 4 min, Reunion Island
- Nin Tho’, 3 min, Vietnam
- With My Own Hands, 4 min, France
- Ready to Assemble, 21 min, Norway
- The American Lawn, 2 min, Utah
- Epoch, 5 min, Malaysia
- Transmission, 17 min, United Kingdom
- The Mauritania Railway, 12 min, Spain
- Are You Volleyball?!, 14 min, Iran
- The Replacement, 11 min, United Arab Emirates
- Kapitalistis, 14 min, Belgium
- Monica, 5 min, Germany
- Serving Time, 6 min, Utah
- The Good Fight, 17 min, Brazil
- Mai, 7 min, Spain
- Beyond Action, 6 min, Spain
- The Observer Effect, 19 min, Ireland
- Like Salt, 25 min, New York
- Vigil, 4 min, California
Utah Short Film of the Year Competition
- Endure, 12 min, A University of Utah Department of Film Studies Production
- Freund, 7 min, Multiple Film Festivals
- Tomorrow’s Shores, 7 min, Multiple Film Festivals
- Bonnie and Mark, 10 min, A RadioWest Production
- Dead Air, 15 min, A Spy Hop Production
- Goldfish, 7 min, Winner of 2017 SLC 48 Hour Film Project
- Community Patrol, 13 min, Winner of Big Sky Documentary Film Festival
*All screenings may contain adult content.
KIDS! 3 and up
Short films made for little people ages 3 and up screened hourly in the Art Yard noon-8PM.
- Peixes, 6 min, Spain
- I can’t wait to fly!, 5 min, Japan
- The Snowboys, 4 min, Russia
- Trail Running Toddlers, 4 min, Utah
KIDS! 8 and up
Short films intended to challenge the imagination and intellect of children ages 8 and up, screened hourly in the Art Yard noon-8PM.
- Talent Scout, 8 min, Spain
- Doctor of Monster, 11 min, Brazil
- A Turn for the Best: A Film About Artists with Disabilities, 11 min, Utah
- Finn’s Whistle, 11 min, Idaho
SCHEDULE SAMPLES: for full schedule go to https://uaf.org/schedule/fear-no-film
Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 12:00 PM through June 25, 2018 · $15.00 USDUtah Arts Festival in Salt Lake City, UT
June 21, 12:00 pmArt Yard
June 21, 12:00 pmArt Yard
June 21, 2:00 pmLibrary Auditorium
June 21, 4:00 pmLibrary Auditorium
June 21, 6:00 pmLibrary Auditorium
June 21, 8:00 pmLibrary Auditorium
June 22, 12:00 pmArt Yard
June 22, 12:00 pmArt Yard
June 22, 2:00 pmLibrary Auditorium
June 22, 4:00 pmLibrary Auditorium
June 22, 6:00 pmLibrary Auditorium
June 22, 8:00 pmLibrary Auditorium
June 22, 10:00 pmLibrary Auditorium
June 23, 12:00 pmArt Yard
June 23, 12:00 pmArt Yard
June 23, 2:00 pmLibrary Auditorium
June 23, 6:00 pmLibrary Auditorium
June 23, 8:00 pmLibrary Auditorium
June 23, 10:00 pmLibrary Auditorium
June 24, 12:00 pmArt Yard
June 24, 12:00 pmArt Yard
June 24, 2:00 pmLibrary Auditorium
June 24, 4:00 pmLibrary Auditorium
June 24, 6:00 pmLibrary Auditorium
June 24, 8:00 pmLibrary Auditorium
SPY HOP WORKSHOPS
Ableton Beatmaking Demonstrations @ The Utah Arts Festival
Thu, June 22 & Fri, June 23
2PM, 4PM, and 6PM daily
Ever wondered how some of your favorite songs are created or what the producers of that record used? Come learn from some seasoned producers and users of Ableton Live. Learn cool production tricks, performance setups, and more! Join us for a combination of presentations and performances by Spy Hop students and local producers!Friday, June 22, 2018 at 02:00 PM through June 24, 2018 · $15.00 USDUtah Arts Festival in Salt Lake City, UT
Just click the button above!
Most Days this month - FREE FILMS!
You can find terrific, engaging independent film showtimes all across the state! The wonderful Utah Film Center maintain a great list here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/UtahFilmCenter/events/
Weekly – SL CIRCLE
Our friends at SL Circle hold weekly lunch & learns and other events on different topics. They also have a monthly beer social last Friday of the month. Details of all these events: https://slcircle.com/events/
ENTREPRENEUR LAUNCH PAD
The Entrepreneur Launch Pad (ELP) helps startups and small businesses on the Wasatch front. Free mentoring, education, resources for growth. These meetings in Sandy, Kaysville, and Orem. More info here:
- Sandy: https://www.facebook.com/SaltLakeValleyEntrepreneurLaunchPad/
- Kaysville: https://www.facebook.com/groups/241120856036211/
- Orem: https://www.meetup.com/Utah-County-Entrepreneur-Launch-Pad-Meetup/
FILM - Our partners at the Utah Film Commission have an events calendar, here: https://film.utah.gov/event-calendar/
GAMES - the Utah Games Guild maintain a calendar of local events here: https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=v468q15oiiqtdu7dmfcs5l9ui8%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Denver
TECH - You can find an interesting, wide variety of tech-related events at our good friends Silicon Slopes' events page here: https://nvite.com/community/siliconslopes
GAMES - GamesIndustry.biz maintain a comprehensive list of upcoming events for the gaming industry, here: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/network/events
VR/AR - The VR/AR Association maintain a growing list of events relevant for those involved in the creation of VR and AR, here: http://www.thevrara.com/events/