380 Data Dr, Draper, UT
We’re looking for a Moderation Lead to help ensure that our new game Feral - is an open, inclusive, creative and expressive social experience for all players! This individual will work closely with our game and community teams to help ensure a healthy community while appropriately administering our Code of Conduct
WildWorks is gaming studio devoted to creating ridiculously fun games for kids, tweens, and teens. We produce content we’re passionate about: gaming, technology, and education. By combining innovative technologies with our unique sense of creativity and love of gaming, we create award-winning games which draw players in and encourage them to stay and enjoy themselves.
- Configure, monitor, and tune our chat filtration system:
- Adjust false positives and false negatives
- Review and research chat trends
- Ensure players have an expressive chat experience while refraining from toxicity
- Mentor, train, and lead all game moderation staff
- Create and optimize moderation workflows, policies, and procedures
- Oversee daily moderation queues and priority (UGC, reports, escalations, etc.)
- Perform quality checks on output and performance of the team
- Address, research, and escalate sensitive issues accordingly
- Help report infringement cases and escalations (eBay sellers, DMCA, etc)
- Report sensitive issues to management team and authorities accordingly
- Establish KPIs to measure performance, insights, and trends, and report them regularly
- Help moderate our forums, Discord servers, etc.
- Collaborate with tools and development team on safety functions/features the mod team needs
- Stay up to date with online safety and industry best moderation practices
- Develop strategies, messaging, etc. to continue improving the safety and inclusion of our game community
- 1-3 years prior moderation/community experience in gaming, MMOs, etc.
- Experience with UGC, post, pre, and live moderation
- Experience writing and implementing workflow procedures for moderators to follow
- Familiar with configuring and navigating chat filtering systems
- Well versed in using moderator toolsets
- Effective communicator in all workplace mediums (Slack, email, documentation, presentations, etc.)
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
- Masterful leadership and training expertise
- You are a calming and positive influence on in the face of adversity
- Working knowledge of Jira, Google Suite,
- Familiarity with game security, privacy legislation (COPPA, GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
- Good grasp and experiences with social media
- Familiarity with youth pop culture, language, slangs, memes, etc.
- Prior working experiences with Community tools, filters, etc. (Crisp, Inversoft, Community Sift, etc.)
- Certifications or experiences in social work, moderation, online safety, etc.
- Gamer, and proud of it
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter – which should include:
- Why you are interest in joining the WildWorks team
- What development experiences / skills are you excited to bring to the team
- What do you geek out about?
Please send your application materials to [email protected]
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a full-time opportunity. Remote and on-site applicants will be considered
No agents or third-party submissions, please.