ABOUT THE VOID
Based in Salt Lake City and with offices globally, The VOID is the leader in location-based entertainment and immersive virtual experiences. At The VOID you can explore new dimensions and experience new worlds without limits! From fighting intergalactic wars on alien planets, to casting spells in the darkest of dungeons, The VOID is the Future of Entertainment. Only limited by imagination, our advanced Virtual-Reality technologies allow you to see, move, and feel digital worlds in a completely immersive and realistic way. Our VOID Entertainment Centers (VECs) are coming to major cities throughout North and South America, Asia, Europe and Australia. More than watching a movie or playing a game…in The VOID you will live an adventure.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a UX/UI Designer who will be the sole owner of the user experience and UI designs of our mobile apps (iOS, iPad) and website. This person understands and appreciates the differences between these two platforms and what makes each unique. Core responsibilities will include designing both the user experience and the user interface of our mobile apps (iOS, iPad) and website.
This person will be proactive, capable of working in a fast-paced environment, flexible, and a great communicator. The successful candidate can give, as well as receive, honest critique on their work. They should already have a portfolio of both iOS-specific and Web-specific work.
Experience you’ll have:
- 5+ years' experience as a UI Designer
- Strong understanding of the design process and can produce deliverables at every stage: ideation, wireframing, prototyping, production.
- Strong UX sensibilities and demonstrated understanding of UX principles.
- Experience writing usability test plans, interview scripts and post-research analysis reports
- Strong understanding of the different established paradigms and controls for each platform but can be creative when a novel solution is required.
- Understanding of design systems and can create one from the ground up:
- A design system would include an established set of UI components/controls, fonts, colors, rules, etc. that we can refer to when designing new features to ensure cohesion across our products.
- It only exists as a deliverable and must be accessible by all members of the team (other designers, product owners/project managers, developers) to reference frequently.
- Experience working with complex information hierarchy challenges
- Fluent in relevant Adobe products (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- (Bonus) Knowing, like really knowing, the Apple Human Interface Guidelines
- (Bonus) Knowing Sketch and Zeplin and how to make the most of each tool.
- Sketch: Heavy use of Symbols, Overrides, Layer Styles, Text Styles, layout constraints, resizable components, shared libraries, good naming conventions, platform export settings, logical construction of groups (to make redlining more useful in Zeplin), etc.
- Zeplin: Style guides, ready-to-export assets, good technical comments