Join us at the LEO!
Delighted to announce that The Leonardo is our super sponsor for UDEN 16!
You won't want to miss this! We'll be diving deeper into AR and VR: we'll have some excellent presentations from leading providers of tools and technologies, as well as exhibits for you to learn more as well as get hands-on apps and products! And, as always, your chance to network with Utah's finest creators of entertainment content and technology!
We'll be making use of the Leonardo's superb auditorium as well as the adjacent area for the exhibits.
KEYNOTES ON STAGE:
- At WWDC 2017, Apple announced ARKit, a new SDK for developers to build mixed reality apps on iPhone and iPad. IKEA is one of the launch partners on iOS 11, turning its entire catalog to highly realistic 3D images.
- ARKit is widely anticipated to be another major disruption from Apple, in much the same way that the iPhone was, with Apple reportedly investing many billions of dollars to deliver.
- ARKit is introduced as standard within iOS 11; it is a new framework that allows you to easily create unparalleled augmented reality experiences for iPhone and iPad.
- By blending digital objects and information with the environment around you, ARKit takes apps beyond the screen, freeing them to interact with the real world in entirely new ways.
- Pat Carver from Utah developer WildWorks will give an overview of Apple's ARKit technology. He will also unveil for the first time an AR project in development at WildWorks!
- More here: Apple www.developer.apple.com/arkit
- Twitter: @apple
- More here: WildWorks www.wildworks.com
- Twitter: @playwildworks
- NVIDIA will give UDEN an overview of VRWorks™, a comprehensive suite of APIs, libraries, and engines that enable application and headset developers to create amazing virtual reality experiences.
- VRWorks enables a new level of presence by bringing physically realistic visuals, sound, touch interactions, and simulated environments to virtual reality.
- Key components of VRWorks are being adopted by industry leading graphics engines such as Unreal Engine 4 and Unity 5 to provide developers an easy path to taking advantage of the SDK in their games and applications.
- In addition, VRWorks includes SDKs that accelerate 360 video capture and processing as well as enhance professional VR environments like CAVES, Immersive Displays & Cluster Solutions.
- Additionally, NVIDIA will be showcasing their VRWorks Audio technology in the exhibit area.
- More here: https://developer.nvidia.com/vrworks
- Follow us on Twitter: @
Come meet with us in the exhibits and hear for yourself!
- We are the Identity-Makers of the New New World!
- We'll show you how to create expressive, persistent identities for VR, Gaming, Blended Realities and Education.
- The Morph Character System gives you the ability to create an unlimited range of unique characters and even have them change over time—perfect for populating games and applications with avatars that complete—not compromise your vision.
- By using MCS you instantly have all of the muscle of a world-class studio. Instead of developing or purchasing a single, static character, with MCS you gain access to our library of thousands of ready-made free or for purchase assets.
- More here: www.morph3d.com
- Follow us on Twitter: @morph3d
Also - come meet with us in the exhibits and get hands-on with our tools & tech!
- What would a VR social network look like? High Fidelity is a pioneer of social VR; a free platform for creating, hosting, and exploring shared virtual reality
- High Fidelity supports common formats, tools and languages to help you build complex interactive VR experiences, share processing power and scale to thousands of people, featuring:
- Full 3D Audio
- Limitless Scale
- Many devices & inpts including HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Hydra, PrioVR, Leap Motion and more
- Facial Feature Aware
- Scriptable API
- Content Scalability
- So much more
- More here: www.highfidelity.com
- Follow us on Twitter: @highfidelityinc
Make sure to hear our keynote then visit our exhibit and experience social VR for yourself!
GET HANDS ON WITH THESE VR/AR EXHIBITS:
- Do you love a good mystery story? Yes? This is for you!
- Indie developer Octothorpe will be showing The Irregular, a captivating virtual reality mystery-solving experience that engages players’ critical thinking and teamwork
- Buried within this curious Victorian environment are clues permitting the player to solve a singular mystery; what has caused the untimely disappearance of a renowned detective?
- A player, or group of players will gather clues, answer questions, and eventually solve the intriguing mystery.
- The Irregular has the opportunity to be a shared experience with players working together with gameplay similar to an escape room scenario.
- Recently The Irregular was selected as a top 5 finalist in the Department of Educations EdSim Challenge.
- Here you can take a look at some screenshots and read more about the experience: www.octothorpe.com/theirregular
- Follow us on Twitter: @Octothorpegames
THE GAPP LAB
- We are producers, designers, artists and engineers with the EAE Program at the University of Utah
- We are students, we are faculty, and we are industry professionals
- We are passionate, curious, creative and committed, and we are also technologically agnostic
- We create therapeutic, medical, academic and educational video games, mobile apps, and websites for groups that wish to partner with EAE
- At UDEN 16 we'll be showing VirtuaLimb - an app that lets lower-arm amputees exercise their muscles using a virtual arm, plus
- VHS (Virtual HomeSim) - a virtual reality training simulator for students in the college of social work; also
- Virtual Medical Records - a way for type 2 diabetic and pre-diabetic patients to experience their medical data in virtual reality
- At The Gapp Lab we believe that the strength of the U of U is having world-class researchers in a variety of areas. By bringing game developers and medical researchers together we can create therapeutic medical games and apps that are innovative, highly engaging and clinically validated
- Find out more: https://www.facebook.com/thegapplab
- Follow us on Twitter: @TheGAppLab
- At UDEN 16 you'll have another chance to play the latest terrific VR game in development from Monkeytime Software
- Lord of Fire and Ice is for the Vive and Oculus
- It's a hybrid wave shooter and tower defense game where you defend the realm from fire demons and ice creatures
- It's great fun, so come and meet Greg Squires, the developer, and try your hand at a yet-to-be-released VR game!
- More here: www.lordoffireandice.com
- Follow us on Twitter: @LordOfFireIce
UTAH VALLEY UNIVERSITY DIGITAL MEDIA
- The digital media dept at Utah Valley University will be showcasing more of the work they have underway in film and education for VR and AR
- More here: www.facebook.com/Digital-Media-UVU-280516402797
- Local VR developer Grace Foundry will be showing Audiowave VR at UDEN 16, a music visualizer experience in virtual reality!
- You can upload your own music into our game, and it will generate a virtual world that will react to the audio.
- Check it out at this YouTube video: https://youtu.be/KfX4nQ7JMo8
- Also on the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.GraceFoundry.audiowave&hl=en
- We plan to bring Audiowave to the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Windows Mixed Reality, HoloLens, Google Cardboard, Google Daydream, and Samsung Gear VR!
- More here: www.thegracefoundry.com
- Follow us on Twitter: @GraceFoundry
ONLY A FEW SPACES REMAIN SO CONTACT US ASAP
HOW TO ACCESS THE EVENT AT THE LEONARDO
The Leo is located at 209 E 500 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111.
Park in parking structures close by - note that parking is not validated by this event.
The Leo will be closed but you will be able to gain access by the main door, where an attendant will direct you to the UDEN event on the 3rd floor.
WE START AT 6pm - don't be late!
See you there!
- TEAM UDEN
209 E 500 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Google map and directions