As part of UDEN's focus on virtual reality technologies this year, UDEN 15 will bring together some of the various virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality initiatives happening in our sector in our state. It's a great opportunity to network, learn and find collaborators to help you engage in this vital emerging technology.
No panels, no keynotes, but hands-on!
- see work in progress of yet-to-be-released products!
- new software offerings
- different types of hardware
- meet service providers
...and as always the opportunity to network with the best and brightest of Utah's digital entertainment community!
What can I see?
Among the individuals and companies showing you what they are up to in VR will be:
- CJ Pollock and his team are announcing the public beta for their VR FPS for mobile, called iSlayer, and will be allowing some early hands-on at UDEN 15
- Using state-of-the-art VR and AR technology, we teach museum visitors of all ages to don not just a set of VR goggles, but new, curious eyes that will stay with them long after they leave the museum exhibit
- At UDEN 15, we'll be showing our VR exhibits through our Vive setup, AR exhibits through smartphones
- At Sightscapers we still see the world through a child's eyes. Everything is something to be discovered anew for the first time. Sightcapers are passionate about working with museums and higher education to create pre-packaged supportive content as well as specific custom-made life experiences, that all works in tandem with existing exhibits
- Thanks to AR/VR technologies, a personal interaction with lives and places previously thought gone forever is finally at hand
- For over 20 years the name Bullfrog Spas has been synonymous with innovation in the world of well-engineered hot tubs
- Now Bullfrog Spas is pioneering another first by bringing virtual reality to the spa retail space
- This was the “can’t miss exhibition” at the Pool & Spa Show and we are making it so you can get a little piece of the experience with our VR viewer and your smartphone
THE GApp LAB
- The GApp Lab (therapeutic games and apps) is a collaboration between the Center for Medical Innovation and the Entertainment Arts and Engineering Program at the University of Utah
- They will be showing some of their latest VR medical applications
- Indie game developer Greg Squire will be showing his new innovative VR game project, "Lord of Fire & Ice"
- Students in the intro virtual reality class at Spy Hop utilized the programs Cinema 4D and Unity to create 3D worlds that can be explored in Google Cardboard
- The students in this class range from 13 - 16 years old and this is their first attempt at creating this type of project. They are excited to share their work!
- Spy Hop is a nonprofit youth media arts organization located in Salt Lake City, Utah whose mission is to mentor young people in the digital media arts to help them find their voice, tell their stories and be empowered to affect positive change in their lives, their communities, and the world. Spy Hop is considered one of the leading youth media organizations in the country. In 2015, they won the National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award from the President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities and were named one of seven global Adobe Creative Catalysts
- Cosmic VR is a full service production company creating immersive experiences using virtual reality. We focus on providing cinematic stereoscopic 360° video and VR experiences. Partnering with agencies, brands, venues and artists, we work with our forward-thinking clients to make a real impression at events, exhibitions or anywhere else people get excited for the future of storytelling
UTAH VALLEY UNIVERSITY
- UVU's Digital Media Program is blazing new trails in teaching VR development technology in its classes. This includes web applications, 360 photos and Cinema
- UVU will be announcing a new course on Cinematic Storytelling for VR, VR cameras, techniques
- At UDEN 15 UVU will be showing VR photography from their recent trip to Scotland and talking more about their upcoming VR class
- We are a team of four students who are about to graduate from the Software and Game Development program at Neumont University
- Holo Defender is an arcade tower defense game for the Microsoft Hololens. The goal of this project was to create a simple grid-based tower defense that can be projected into the physical world. It plays as a standard tower defense, with robot foes moving through a predetermined path while trying to reach an end goal, and damage the player’s home base. Players must use their wits to strategically place a variety of towers onto the map to stop waves of enemies from progressing. However, once the player’s base has taken too much damage, it will all be over!
- Liminal will be demoing cinematic VR experiences and videos that have been built for a diverse range of products and services
- Liminal offers services in innovative digital media marketing, brand awareness and communication in the form of virtual reality experiences and augmented reality applications, creating value for our clients through engagement
- Our specialized team of storytellers, artists, and technologists have dedicated themselves to create immersive experiences that thrill, amaze and engage. We have been empowering brands, products, and services through extraordinary stories in Virtual Reality. As well as reforming exchange of information and knowledge with our interactive augmented reality applications
We'll be announcing more before the event; space is limited so RSVP early (click on the 'tickets' option below)!
See you soon!
THANKS TO OUR WONDERFUL SPONSORS FOR THEIR SUPPORT AND MAKING THIS EVENT POSSIBLE!
THE UTAH FILM COMMISSION and ACCESS SALT LAKE
LOCATION, ACCESS & PARKING
Address - see below. It is in the basement (garden level) of the AXIS building on the corner of 200W and 200S, downtown SLC.
For our event you will access the building from the REAR (on 200W) and enter via the basement entrance on your left as you look at the AXIS building (see picture below) - we'll have a sign outside. The main AXIS building usually is locked after 6pm.
There is metered street parking in the same block as Access as well as an open-air parking and an adjacent parking structure.
175 W 200 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Google map and directions