Love living in Utah? Want to work from home? Looking for full-time with great benefits, for a leading mobile video game developer?
As a Tools Programmer, you should have a good grounding in computer science fundamentals and have excellent communication skills. Experience with C#, Unity, mobile development on Android or iOS, ad SDKs, or free-to-play casual games is a plus.
Apply here - https://www.gamecircus.com/careers/ or click for more details.
We're a small, innovative company that prides itself on an inclusive and strong culture. Founded in 2010, Game Circus has established itself as one of the leading mobile video game developers and innovators within its field, that also publishes its own titles, including the industry leading COIN DOZER series and the official video game of the hit Sony Entertainment TV series SHARK TANK. The company’s titles have been downloaded more than 400 million times worldwide. Game Circus places great value on strategic thinkers, skillful problem solvers, effective task managers, and those with the ability to execute projects from initial vision through completion. Game Circus is located right outside Dallas, in the beautiful and family-friendly town of Addison, Texas.
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Tools Programmer to become part of our team! Candidates should have a good grounding in computer science fundamentals and have excellent communication skills. Experience with C#, Unity, mobile development on Android or iOS, ad SDKs, or free-to-play casual games is a plus. We develop under a well-organized agile based scheduling approach that keeps deadlines reasonable and attainable. You need to be able to come in, ramp up on our code base, and contribute solid code to existing projects as you integrate into our solid teams. You will also need to be able to extract requirements and design cross-team tools for our organization. Responsibilities will include developing tools for game projects and core technologies, contributing to code reviews, writing technical documentation for planning new systems, writing tests to verify code is solid, and interfacing with other departments (Design, Art, Production and QA).
- Ability to assess team needs, research possible workflows and solutions, and deliver tools that improve team's abilities
- Must have a portfolio of game or graphics related tools that you have developed in a 3rd party platform (Unity, Unreal, Maya, Blender, etc.) Please include a link to it with your resume or cover letter.
- Proficiency in at least two high level languages (C#, C/C++, Java, etc.)
- Comfortable interfacing with cloud-based APIs
- Ability to write clear, efficient, maintainable code
- Professional tool development experience
- Strong Math and Computer Science skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated, hardworking, and willing to work with a team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent experience
- Intense curiosity about how things work
- Strong understanding with 6+ months experience of Unity 3D
- Good system architecture and debugging skills
- Experience programming in Python
- Experience using Blender and writing Blender add-ons
- Experience with a variety of 3rd party tools and SDKs for mobile platforms