Spark XR is looking to add to our small founding team in the coming year and can offer a variety of working arrangements, including full-time, part-time and contract. We are looking for engineers and artists, but designers and producers should also get in contact as we will open positions for them next year also and it doesn’t hurt to get ahead of the queue!
Below is a summary of our engineering positions. To apply, please send your resume with covering letter and relevant links to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited to hear from you!
Spark XR is a leading-edge content creator specializing in immersive entertainment and experiences, in areas including videogames, location-based VR entertainment, education, virtual travel, simulation and more. Founded by game industry legends, Spark XR is developing some incredible new technologies that fuse leading edge design, hardware and software to create next-generation experiences.
This is a rare opportunity to join this growing team and work alongside experienced professionals on ground-breaking projects before they are publicly announced.
Engineers (contract, part-time, full-time)
What will you be doing?
- Developing innovative features and experiences, to include designing and implementing well-engineered, reliable and maintainable code; testing, fixing bugs, profiling and optimizing
- You’ll be working with virtual reality, Unity, existing data structures and proprietary technologies as well as developing new APIs
- Contributing new and innovative ideas to the immediate team and production
- Documenting and peer review technical designs with other software engineers
- Working with leads and stakeholders to deliver high-quality, state-of-the-art products
- Working in a highly professional, organized team with a light-hearted atmosphere
- Supporting all internal stakeholders with software development and usage
- Remaining up-to-date with coding standards, current technologies and industry best practices
What do we need from you?
- You’re an experienced videogame and/or VR programmer that has contributed to commercially launched experiences based on Unity and/or Unreal engines on mobile, PC, console or VR platforms
- Detail-oriented, you’re a self-starter that likes responsibility and ownership, passionate to deliver excellence
- Strong analytical and programming skills, proficient in C#, C++ and most common scripting languages
- Solid math skills in all relevant areas: 3D math, linear algebra, quaternions, etc.
- Proficient in 3D scene management and general principles of building virtual worlds
- Competent in common programming best practices and coding principles
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Familiarity with source control systems such as Perforce, BitBucket, etc.
- Ability to deliver to requirements and schedules
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile processes
- Ability to work independently as well as coordinate tasks and requirements with other developers and managers
- Clear and responsible communicator that can work as effectively on site as well as remotely or virtually
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in interactive entertainment
Above all, we’re results driven and are looking for individuals that demonstrate a “can-do” “find-a-way” attitude.
Compensation will be commensurate to your experience level. We have several positions open including full-time, part-time and contract opportunities.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch! Send a resume to email@example.com. Make sure in the accompanying email to tell us why this position will fit you like a glove! Also include links to games or demos you have worked on. We look forward to hearing from you!