Spark XR is looking to add to our small founding team in the coming year and can offer a variety of working arrangements, including full-time, part-time and contract.
Below is a summary of our art positions. To apply, please send your resume with covering letter and relevant links to [email protected]. We are excited to hear from you!
Spark XR is a leading-edge content creator specializing in immersive entertainment and experiences, in areas including videogames, location-based VR entertainment, education, virtual travel, simulation and more. Founded by game industry legends, Spark XR is developing some incredible new technologies that fuse leading edge design, hardware and software to create next-generation experiences.
This is a rare opportunity to join this growing team and work alongside experienced professionals on ground-breaking projects before they are publicly announced.
Artists – 3D modeling, texturing, world-building (contract, part-time, full-time)
What will you be doing?
- Bringing our virtual worlds to life through designing layouts, 3D modeling, texturing, lighting, animations and rigging, particle effects, user interface and more
- You’ll be working with virtual reality, Unity, existing data structures and proprietary technologies
- Contributing new and innovative ideas to the immediate team and production
- Documenting and peer review with other artists
- Working with leads and stakeholders to deliver high-quality, state-of-the-art products
- Working in a highly professional, organized team with a light-hearted atmosphere
- Remaining up-to-date with art standards, current technologies and industry best practices
What do we need from you?
- You’re a skilled digital artist that also has some traditional art skills, with an understanding of basic art principles, including lighting, shape, form, color, and perspective
- You know what high-quality art content looks like and can produce at that level
- You’re familiar with professional production processes because you have contributed to commercially launched experiences based on Unity and/or Unreal engines on mobile, PC, console or VR platforms
- Detail-oriented, you’re a self-starter that likes responsibility and ownership, passionate to deliver excellence
- Experience with 3D Studio Max, Maya or equivalent 3D modeling tools
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience or understanding of UI/UX principles a plus
- Experience with Blender, ZBrush or similar a plus
- Proficient in 3D scene management and general principles of building virtual worlds
- Competent in common art creation best practices and standards
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Familiarity with source control systems such as Perforce, BitBucket, etc.
- Ability to deliver to requirements and schedules
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile processes
- Ability to work independently as well as coordinate tasks and requirements with other developers and managers
- Clear and responsible communicator that can work as effectively on site as well as remotely or virtually
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in interactive entertainment
Above all, we’re results driven and are looking for individuals that demonstrate a “can-do” “find-a-way” attitude.
Compensation will be commensurate to your experience level. We have several positions open including full-time, part-time and contract opportunities.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch! Send a resume to [email protected]. Make sure in the accompanying email to tell us why this position will fit you like a glove! You must also include a link to your portfolio. We look forward to hearing from you!