Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Deseret Digital Media: Software Engineer II or III KSL News Dev Team
DDM is currently seeking a strong mid to senior level Software Engineer to work on the team that develops KSL.coms news website, backend content management system, administration systems/servers, and KSL WatchIt live event streaming service.
Deseret Digital Media (DDM) is the online division of Deseret Media Companies that manages properties including KSL.com (News and Classifieds), TheMemories.com and Utah.com. The sites collectively reach tens of millions of unique users and over 350 million page-views each month. The organization has a uniquely values-based mission and seeks to be strategic to its owner The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. All candidates need to fully support the companys mission statement: To be trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
At a minimum, youre a candidate if you can demonstrate:
• 3 or more years of current experience with web software development technologies and tools including
• Comfortable with Linux command line and environment
• Ability to see the big picture and be able develop and build solutions and products spanning different systems/servers with good attention to detail
• Understanding of web protocols, REST API development and best practices
• Good communicator and team player
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Experience with React
• Experience with MongoDB
• Experience with GraphQL
• Experience with Linux, Apache, etc.
• Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology
• Experience with Git
• Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and writing unit tests
• Experience optimizing and working with high traffic web sites using caching and scalability technologies
• Bachelor's Degree with IT or CS related emphasis or equivalent work experience
In addition to all the standard things that happen to be great at DDM (like competitive wages, opportunity for growth and advancement, stability, and super benefits)
• We care about our contribution to the world. We not only care about the health of the business, we care about our impact on other humans. It's right in our mission statement more than once.
• We take work/life balance seriously. No, really. We do. We care about what we do and we expect the work to get done on time, but we know there are extremely, vitally important things about your life outside of work, and we want you to take those things just as seriously.
• Exceptional benefits, contributing 401(k) and retirement plan
This job is a great opportunity for a performance-driven, detail-oriented individual interested in a dynamic and growing organization. He or she should also be motivated by the organizations broader mission and be able to develop relationships with all members of the team. If this sounds like you, apply today!
Deseret Digital Media is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V