Senior Unity Developer
Engineering · Salt Lake City, Utah
Red Games Co. is seeking a dynamic, hands on Sr. Unity Game Developer to join our Salt Lake City studio. This person will share key responsibility in the development and integration of games for mobile and other platforms. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of game development, including networking, programmatic art, gameplay systems, code architecture, and best practices. This developer will have a senior level knowledge of Unity and C#.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Write clear, maintainable code for cross-platform mobile games.
- Collaborate with producers, designers, artists, QA, and others to ensure games are responsive and engaging.
- Help game directors and producers estimate work, make effective tool choices and process improvements, and identify and mitigate project risks.
- Leave content and build pipelines better than their initial condition.
- Contribute to a culture of ownership and continual improvement through knowledge sharing and participation in agile development.
- Mentor and assist junior and intermediate developers to build their skills and maximize the quality of their work.
- Expert level understanding of Unity and C#
- At least 5 years experience working in Unity and game dev.
- Proven knowledge in engines, networking, and graphics (optimization and shaders).
- Experience with Quantum.
- Ability to self organize and lead development efforts.
- Extensive understanding of iOS and Android platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a schedule in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Fast learner of complex systems and new technologies.
- Passion for games.
Red Games Co. is an equal opportunity employer.