Studio Director (FTE)
Parallel Plaid is a different games studio. We’re small by design. We’re independent. Ambitious. Funded. We have a huge passion for building unique and beautiful games of our own design. We may be relatively new, but we are ready to take the games industry by storm.
We’ve spent the last few months designing and building a strong mobile title, and we’re looking for a Studio Director to drive the game and our future endeavors to success. We need someone who is passionate about working in a startup, is an avid gamer, and wants to build an amazing company culture worthy of the best talent in the industry.
As Studio Director, you will lead the entire team as we build our game. You will drive the production schedules for art, design, and engineering. You’ll work with the CEO on the creative direction of the game, its business model, and go-to-market plan. You will be in charge of daily/weekly/monthly goals, building proper communication, and developing office culture as we work together. You will be the lead go-to person in the office for everything related to the current game in progress.
We can’t wait to have you on board.
* Drive the direction of development schedules, product scope, and business goals for the company, its current game, and future plans
* Work with the CEO to make major product and company direction decisions
* Manage art, design, and engineering teams to plan and achieve product goals and milestones
* Manage sub-contactors as necessary for product development
* Help build a strong company culture around hitting major goals while having fun in the office and maintaining a healthy work/life balance
* Actively build and participate in community built around Parallel Plaid’s products
* Be point for company when CEO is out of office
* Bachelor’s degree in related field
* 5+ years of game production experience, preferably mobile and free-to-play
* Successfully launched at least one live game on a major platform
* Strong understanding of the games industry, its business models, and a vision for how a company fits in the industry
* Strong communication and team-building skills
* Highly organized and self-directed
* Passion for playing games
* Desire to work in a small startup that requires everyone to wear multiple hats
* Experience working in Unity and/or Photon
* Experience building multiplayer and/or mid-core games
* Previous experience as Studio Lead
Apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.