This is a remote position, full-time with excellent benefits, working for a leading mobile video game developer. You can work from home!
Our post-launch mobile life cycle is richer than ever with new content, features and updates being added continually to support each game’s community, gameplay and commerce ecosystem. We’re looking for a talented engineer to develop and maintain these flexible and highly scalable systems, and help our super-talented mobile programming team transition to a full games-as-a-service live operation.
Apply here - https://www.gamecircus.com/careers/ or click for more details.
- Design, implement, debug and optimize fun game features in C#/C++ and other languages, built on foundations including Unity and a live operations backend.
- Help establish best practices for the studio in live operation, including client standards and release process.
- Teach and mentor the programming and design teams in best practice techniques for live operation client design, operation and troubleshooting, including data-driven deployment of content.
- Empathize with our players, developers and product stakeholders to design, build and implement technical solutions addressing essential product needs, including data-driven events, promotions and engagement drivers.
- Self-organize work and take ownership of projects throughout their lifecycles. • Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game systems production and development.
- Lead a team of software developers from design to product completion.
- Lead technical discussions with a focus on collaboration and group problem solving.
- Break down a complicated project into discrete tasks with dependencies.
- Define the specification for a task based on conversations with business owners, see the task through the implementation and feedback from the business owner.
- Collaborate with Design, Production, Product Management and other stakeholders to effectively build and maintain player-facing products.
- Develop code and processes with a positive continuous improvement mindset.
- Must have shipped 2 or more Unity-based live operation mobile game titles
- Must have experience writing clients with a PlayFab (or equivalent) live operations backend
- Must have 3+ years mobile video game programming experience with at least 2 years in a data driven, live operations environment
- Must demonstrate proficiency in C#/C++ and experience with scripting languages, especially Python
- Strong knowledge of Unity
- Ability to quickly work with internal and externally developed code
- Ability to write clean, portable, reliable code
- Ability to work in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- Understanding and experience with third-party APIs (such as ad network SDKs)
- Exceptional problem solving and reasoning skills
- Strong passion for video games and a sound understanding of casual game systems as a player
- Has initiative, and is able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Must work within U.S. time zones (Pacific to Eastern) as we need compatible core office hours (10:00- 19:00 CST)
- Computer science degree or equivalent