APPLY HERE: link
Avalanche Software, a division of Warner Brothers Games Inc. seeks an Advanced Software Engineer (FX) to join their Engineering team.
As a member of our studio's engineering team, you will collaborate with designers, artists, and other engineers to develop immersive gameplay experiences with industry leading visuals on an unannounced AAA console title.
- Design and author as well as maintenance and refactoring of visual and effects systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements.
- Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture.
- Work closely with designers and content creators to engineer solutions that satisfy design and content requirements.
- Partner with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules, identifying dependencies and raising red-flags where appropriate.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of code and authoring systems by identifying, communicating and resolving defects.
What do we require from you?
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of professional game programming experience and a strong passion to build industry leading game visuals and ship the highest quality AAA games.
- Extensive experience with special effects, shaders, rendering and advanced mathematics.
- Experience working in console game development, from start to finish, on multiple projects.
- Thorough knowledge with object-oriented programming concepts.
- Excellent debugging skills and an understanding of system optimization issues.
- Strong verbal communication skills; ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people.
- Self-starter attitude and ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
- Relocation to Salt Lake City, Utah is required.
- Have published papers on rendering or effects techniques (ACM SIGGRAPH, GDC, IEEE)
- Prior experience collaborating with technical and FX artists to deliver fully realized effects
- Prior experience working with shaders or other massively parallel general processing paradigms