If you are ambitious, highly skilled in network programming and have a passion for making outstanding mobile games, take one step forward! If you like a challenge and are ready play an integral role as part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, take another step forward! If your default is "I can do that, and if I can't I'll learn how to" and are not afraid to get your hands dirty, take another step forward! You've taken three steps toward a rare challenge for what promises to be a thrilling ride for the right candidate!
This is a remote position, full-time with excellent benefits, working for a leading mobile video game developer. You can work from home!
Apply here - https://www.gamecircus.com/careers/ or click for more details.
- Design, develop, and support highly scalable tools and games services using high quality C#, C++ and Python using live operations backend, Azure and Unity.
- Help establish best practices for the studio in live operation, including client standards and monitoring, measuring, and improving server deployments for online multiplayer games and backend services.
- Teach and mentor the programming team in best practice techniques for live operation network architecture, operation and troubleshooting, including data-driven deployment of content.
- Empathize with our players, developers and product stakeholders to design and build technical solutions addressing essential product needs, proactively identifying and solving problems.
- Self-organize work and take ownership of projects throughout their lifecycles.
- Develop and deploy game services using CI/CD pipeline tools. • Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game systems production and development.
- Lead a team of software developers from design to product completion.
- Lead technical discussions with a focus on collaboration and group problem solving.
- Break down a complicated project into discrete tasks with dependencies.
- Define the specification for a task based on conversations with business owners, see the task through the implementation and feedback from the business owner.
- Collaborate with Design, Production, Product Management and other stakeholders to effectively build and maintain player-facing products.
- Monitor the production health of our backend services with a positive continuous improvement mindset.
- Must have experience deploying game clients with a PlayFab (or equivalent) backend
- Must have 3+ years of previous experience as a backend engineer including as a team lead
- Must have 3+ years of hands-on experience working with at least some of: live operations, distributed systems, network caching, architecture, and design
- Must have 3+ years of hands-on experience with public/private cloud services, such as AWS, Azure, Google Compute, or VMware
- Expert knowledge of C#, C++, Python and RESTful APIs
- Strong knowledge of Unity • Strong knowledge of optimizing game servers and network and OS related issues
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and optimize game servers
- Expertise with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with other stakeholders including programmers, designers and producers
- Has worked on and shipped multiple mobile titles using Unity
- Has initiative, and is able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Must work within U.S. time zones (Pacific to Eastern) as we need compatible core office hours
- Computer science degree or equivalent