Epic Games Spyjinx Team is looking for a smart, creative Gameplay Programmer Intern to join them for summer 2020. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
The Spyjinx team utilizes many of the systems of Unreal Engine 4, on a cross-platform game. You will work directly with the gameplay team as we continue to build and support this game.
- Anything from investigating and fixing bugs to working with Game Designers on performance, hero, and game systems
- Gameplay programming systems for SpyJinx and BattleBreakers
- Supporting Epic product releases
- Developing solutions to various technical challenges under deadlines
- Degree work in CS or related fields
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Demonstrated interest in game development
- Eagerness to learn how to leverage Unreal Engine 4 in gameplay programming.
- Ability to produce rapid solutions to gameplay features and resolve associated bugs.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to engage in clarifying conversations about difficult gameplay and technical concepts.
- Basic understanding of gameplay in a game engine: core system tasks, such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc.
- Work samples (indie, academic, hobby project etc.)
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 and Blueprints
This is a paid internship, running May 26 through August 14. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week on site in Salt Lake City. Intern recruitment for summer 2020 roles will run through February 2020, or until teams find an ideal match.
This is going to be Epic!