As a Data Scientist in our data team, you will work closely with our Game Designers & Business Analysts to formalize and answer questions related to our games, players, in-game behaviors & player value.
This is a remote position, full-time with excellent benefits, working for a leading mobile video game developer. You can work from home!
Apply here - https://www.gamecircus.com/careers/ or click for more details.
In this role, you must have a passion for video games and intellectual curiosity about how players interact in and with game systems. Ideally, you should have prior experience working with video game data and analysis. You will use various programming, statistical, and reporting tools to analyze and share results related to split testing, user acquisition, data mining, player behaviors, player value, statistics, and machine learning. The Data Team works closely with our Game Designers & Business Analysts to formalize and answer questions related to our games, players, in-game behaviors & player value. We utilize many different algorithms, statistical models, simulations, and predictive models to answer these questions. You will be responsible for designing and implementing sophisticated models, mentoring Data Analysts, and working with our teams to analyze and report results. We also develop tools, dashboards, methodologies, and reports to help streamline and communicate player and game KPI's. Come join us!
- Work with Product Owners and Game Designers to identify and track key performance indicators
- Build, test, and validate predictive models
- Develop Discrete Event Simulations to help model and tune games
- Perform Split Test analysis and develop tools to automate analysis
- Perform advanced SQL queries as needed in response to business user needs
- Perform analysis of realtime data flowing into and out of database systems and accurately interpret, prepare and communicate results
- Perform data manipulations such as data imports, exports, and updates
- Communicate results both verbally and in writing as you work closely with other teams and employees. Fluency in English is required.
Technologies We Use
- programming: Python (JetBrains PyCharm IDE), R (R Studio), JupyterLabs
- reporting tools: Jupyter Notebooks, Tableau Online, Shiney.io/Dash, GoogleDocs/GoogleSheets, LucidCharts
- databases: SQL, SnowFlake, AWS Aurora RDS (MySQL)
- infrastructure: Amazon Web Services (EMR a plus), AirFlow
- modeling: regressions, neural networks, XGBoost, classification algorithms, Bayesian Inference, etc
- source control: GIT (GitHub)
- Must have 1+ years of experience working with Video Game data (preferably on mobile)
- Must have 3+ years experience working directly with mobile game data analysis.
- A passion for video games and intellectual curiosity about how players interact in and with game systems
- M.S./Ph.D. in Statistics, Math, Data Science or related degree with 2+ years of work experience
- 3+ years of hands-on work experience with computation programming (please note that academic projects in most cases do not count):
- Python / R
- Statistical Modeling
- Machine Learning
- Advanced SQL skills querying large, complex datasets using relational databases
- Experience with troubleshooting and optimizing complex SQL using built-in tools for exploring how scans and indexes will be used
- Solid skills with advanced aggregation functions, windowing functions, grouping, subselects, and complex JOINS with many tables
- Note: we do NOT use Microsoft SQL Server nor Oracle
- Experience with SnowFlake, PostgreSQL, and/or MySQL
- 3+ years of hands-on work experience with complex SQL (please note that academic projects in most cases do not count):
- Visualization experience with Tableau, Plot.ly, ggplot, seaborn, Shiny.io/Dash
- Using big data technologies and building predictive systems on big data platforms (AWS EMR a plus)
- Classification Systems, Recommendation Systems, Predictive Modeling,
- Deep learning
- Strong data interpretation, visualization, and presentation skills
- Ability to explain statistical approaches/models used, rationale/merits of different approaches, results, and interpretation to team members
- Fluency in English is required - you will be tasked with complex verbal requests and communicating results to non-technical teams.
- Able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Willingness/ability to take ownership as the technical lead of on projects
- Free Employer covered Health Insurance (including family)
- Paid Vacation & Sick time
- Flextime (employees have some flexibility to set their hours of work)
- Quarterly bonuses (based on company & individual performance)
- Equity Options
- Relaxed culture (laid back environment, open floor plan, flat hierarchy)
- We are open to sponsoring International Work Visas and helping with the process
About Game Circus
Be part of a growing company and join our fun and exciting team! At Game Circus, we’re easy-going and have a casual atmosphere, and are constantly striving to create the best mobile games that can be enjoyed by everyone! Founded in 2010 and based in Dallas, TX, many of Game Circus’ apps have amassed over 1,000,000+ downloads on both iOS and Android platforms. Enjoy coming to work each day with flexible hours and vacation time, and take pride in being behind some of the most popular mobile games in the world!