3D Animator (contract leading to potential full-time)
Want to be on the cutting edge of VR-based entertainment? Have a desire to create immersive new worlds and then breathe life into them? Interested in giving a voice to unique and original creatures in a virtual landscape? Interested in ‘teleportation’? If so, Spark XR may be just the right place for you.
You may not have heard of us, but Spark XR was founded by games industry legends and you definitely know the games we made prior to starting this company! We’re working on some incredible new technologies that fuse leading edge design, hardware and software to create a next-generation VR location-based experience for shopping malls, arcades, clubs, events, promotions, museum installations and more.
Click to read more!
This is a rare opportunity to join this growing team and work alongside experienced professionals before our work is publicly announced or shown. The role will begin as a contract position with the possibility of evolving to full-time employment over time with benefits and opportunities to take a leadership position within the company.
What will you be doing?
- Bringing to life innovative characters, objects and complete games for our new VR content platform
- Create, under the supervision of the Art Director, high quality 3D animations for the characters and objects in our virtual worlds
- Utilize and modify existing IK and skeletal animations as well as create completely new expressions
- Collaborate with other artists, designers and engineers to create characters and gameplay consistent with the team’s vision, adhering to project guidelines
- Take animations through the entire pipeline from back-of-the-napkin sketch to fully-realized in-game asset
- Working mainly with Unity and Unreal
- Contributing new and innovative ideas to the immediate team and production
- Supporting all internal stakeholders to achieve the product’s goals
- Working in a highly professional, organized team with a light-hearted atmosphere; we make fun, so we need to have fun along the way!
What do we need from you?
- You’re an experienced 3D animator that has contributed on at least two commercially launched experiences based on Unity and/or Unreal engines
- Detail-oriented, you’re a self-starter that likes responsibility and ownership, passionate to deliver excellence
- Demonstrated knowledge of IK systems and skeletal animation
- Able to work in a virtual team environment
- Demonstrated expertise working with human, animal and mechanical forms
- Expertise with games industry animation standard software (Maya, 3DS Max, Motion Builder, etc.) as well as other common art packages (Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.)
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Familiarity with source control systems such as Perforce, BitBucket, etc.
- Ability to deliver to requirements and schedules
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile processes
- Ability to work independently as well as coordinate tasks and requirements with other developers and managers
- Clear and responsible communicator that can work as effectively on site as well as remotely or virtually
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in interactive entertainment
- Expertise with VFX and particle systems a plus
- Experience with skeleton creation and rigging a plus
- Knowledge of Mechanim and/or Final IK a plus
- Scripting experience in C# a plus
Above all, we’re results driven and are looking for someone that demonstrates a “can-do” “find-a-way” attitude. If this sounds like you, please get in touch! Send a resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure in the accompanying email to tell us why this position will fit you like a glove! We look forward to hearing from you!