We’re looking for a Community Manager to help manage the community experience for our new online social game, Fer.al! This amazing and talented individual will possess the innate ability to communicate effectively with and engage our audience. They will listen to player feedback from various channels and megaphone this feedback to stakeholders.
If you love making things millions of kids will enjoy and you want to work on a revolutionary gaming project, this is an opportunity to join an elite team and create the future of kids digital media.
WildWorks is an interactive entertainment studio devoted to creating ridiculously fun games for kids, tweens, and teens. We produce content around themes we’re passionate about: animals, art, education, games, and technology. By combining innovative technologies with our unique sense of creativity and love of play, we create award-winning digital playgrounds which draw players in and encourage them to stay and build communities.
• Significant previous Community Management experience, preferably in gaming, MMOs, etc.
• Social media channel management experience: forums, wikis, Discord, etc.
• Advanced written and oral communication skills with ability to embody brand “voice”
• You are self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
• Methodical, diplomatic, organized, positive, passionate professional comportment
• Experience as a calming and positive influence on staff, peers, and players in the face of adversity
• Experience with managing calendars and content
• Working knowledge of Jira, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite, HootSuite, Buffer, Sprout Social
• Prior experience with Community tools, filters, etc. (Crisp, Inversoft, Community Sift, etc.)
• Working knowledge of COPPA, GDPR, and other relevant regulations
• Deep familiarity with (and enthusiasm for) youth culture
• Gamer, and proud of it
• Passion for improving the digital media landscape for young people
• Onboard, train, lead, and work alongside the community support team for a global MMO
• Manage communications and moderation (comments, posts, images, etc.) on our forums and Discord server
• Liaise with our customer support, billing, and moderation teams to ensure the player support experience is cohesive
• Develop and execute best practices and strategies for:
o Building and maintaining a positive and non-toxic gaming community
o In-game moderation and discipline structure
o Sensitive issues responses such as self harm / grooming / suicide / bullying / safety
o Creating the best chat experience for the community and demographic
• Conceive, plan, organize, and oversee:
o Live streams, developer updates, AMAs
o Social media initiatives and contests
o In-game events, volunteer programs, fan-site programs, etc.
o Live community events
• Work with our game team to understand production milestones, releases, and schedules to help inform community planning and messaging.
• Establish KPIs to measure performance, insights, and trends, and report them regularly
• Collaborate with our Marketing team on social content creation that can excite, engage, and retain players
• Bring the voice of the community to the development team and company as a whole
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with our influencers
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a full-time, on-site position in our Salt Lake City studio.
No agents or third-party submissions, please. At all.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com with “Community Manager” in the Subject line.