Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Deseret Digital Media (we call ourselves DDM), the birthplace and home of the mildly addictive KSL Classifieds, is seeking a dynamic, smart, fun and interesting individual to join the Product Management team as a Digital Product Manager.
What will the Digital Product Manager do?
Well…frankly, a whole bunch of different stuff. That’s part of what makes this a job you’d want to do – we guarantee you’ll be involved in a lot of things you might not get to do in another role at another company. We’re currently building out a whole slew of new digital products (otherwise known as websites or apps) to live alongside Classifieds, and this role would own the full life cycle of some of them.
That’s the high-level view. On a day-to-day basis, you’d be doing things like:
• Developing new products (aka web sites, apps, and other digital goodness enhancements to existing products, and creating phenomenal user experience flows
• Researching and documenting specific features to create products that make users happy, give them what they need, and keep them coming back and sticking around longer
• Working with the design team and other stakeholders to create wireframes and specifications to communicate the overall direction and vision for new digital products and enhancements
• Working with developers, the creative team, sales, and customer service to bring digital products to market
• Running performance analytics on the digital products to determine what’s working and where we need to improve – and then reporting on those analytics to all levels of the org
• Developing go-to-market strategies and business plan
What does the Digital Product Manager need to have in order to succeed in this role?
A few things, but mainly:
• A passion for the Internet, ecommerce, apps, online products and websites…all things digital. We want someone who spends a lot of time online and using apps – and who takes note of what they see and what’s out there – because they love it
• 2+ years experience in digital product management and/or digital marketing
• The desire and propensity to do the right thing by customers, co-workers…humans in general
• A sense of humor (even better if it’s a good sense of humor, although we’ve been known to be amused by the odd pun)
• The occasional desire to bring delicious baked snacks in to share with co-workers (you actually baking the snacks yourself not required)
• The ability and strong desire to innovate, disrupt – do new, cool things
• An affinity for testing, analyzing, tinkering – trying things and then starting over and trying something else
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Familiarity with the agile development process a strong plus
What is great about working at DDM?
We’ll just tell you a few things, or we’d be here all day.
• We care about our contribution to the world.
We not only care about the health of the business, we care about our impact on other humans. It’s right in our mission statement – more than once.
• We have fun.
We strongly believe that the time you spend at work should be productive but also amusing.
• We take work/life balance seriously.
No, really. We do. We care about what we do and we expect the work to get done on time, but we know there are extremely, vitally important things about your life outside of work, and we want you to take those things just as seriously.
• We are passionately interested in trying the new and untested.
Have a new idea? Perfect! That’s exactly what we want to hear about, and exactly what we want to try out.
Of course, there are also all the standard things that happen to be great at DDM, like competitive wages, opportunity for growth and advancement, stability, super benefits, a sweet office space, etc etc etc.
This sounds great, how do I contact you?
If this sounds like something you’d want to get in on, apply by attaching your resume and cover letter (as much as we love meeting new people, we can’t take phone calls regarding this role – so stick to email please).
In your cover letter, please tell us your top two favorite sites and your top two favorite apps, and a couple lines about why you love them – they can be ecommerce, media, social network, anything – and unless it’s really, really the truth, don’t feel compelled to say KSL.com. We’ll still love you if you don’t.
Deseret Digital Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.