Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Deseret Digital Media (DDM) is seeking a mid to senior level Android Developer to join our technology team to collaboratively build public facing apps.
Android Developers at DDM are tasked with building and maintaining awesome apps across all of DDM’s products including KSL Classifieds, KSL News, theMemories, and Utah.com. They will work on a team with a product owner, and other engineers to build products as amazing as our users are.
• 2+ years developing Android apps in a commercial setting
• Experience with both Java in an app development setting
• Strong familiarity with Android Studio, Gradle, and the app submission process
• Comfortable integrating with REST APIs
• An abiding love of the Material Design Guidelines :)
• 2+ years using GIT
• Passion for working with multiple teams and balancing priorities
Nice To Haves
• Examples of apps that are published in the App Store
• Experience with Kotlin in a professional environment
• Understanding of GraphQL
• Understanding of memory management and related debugging
• Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology and use of issue tracking (Clubhouse, Pivotal Tracker, or similar) and source repository (git or similar) technologies
• Writing unit and integration tests to help maintain a high degree of confidence
• Experience optimizing and working with high traffic web sites using caching and scalability technologies
• CS or IT Bachelor's or Master's degree a plus but not required
Deseret Digital Media (DDM) is the online division of Deseret Media Companies that manages properties including KSL.com, Utah.com and theMemories.com. The sites collectively reach tens of millions of unique users and over 350 million page-views each month. The organization has a uniquely values-based mission and seeks to be strategic to its owner, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. All candidates need to fully support the company’s mission statement: “To be trusted voices of light and truth influencing hundreds of millions of people worldwide.”
In addition to all the standard things that happen to be great at DDM (like competitive wages, opportunity for growth and advancement, stability, and super benefits)...
• We care about our contribution to the world. We not only care about the health of the business, we care about our impact on other humans. It's right in our mission statement – more than once. We take work/life balance seriously. No, really. We do. We care about what we do and we expect the work to get done on time, but we know there are extremely, vitally important things about your life outside of work, and we want you to take those things just as seriously.
• Exceptional benefits, contributing 401(k) and retirement plan.
• This job is a great opportunity for a performance-driven, detail-oriented individual interested in a dynamic and growing organization. He or she should also be motivated by the organization’s broader mission and be able to develop relationships with all members of the team. If this sounds like you, submit your resume today.
• Deseret Digital Media is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.