Avalanche a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for Video Game Engineer Interns with a passion for video games and game development. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, capable of learning quickly and will have the opportunity to gain first-hand experience working on a AAA game with professional developers at a major publisher.
Engineering Interns will be paired up with senior engineer mentors who will provide guidance with technical skills, team collaboration and career growth. We offer a flexible work schedule.
- Design and write production game code & blueprints.
- Create tools and processes used in production.
- Work with designers to implement and tune various in-game scenarios.
- Document implemented features, systems and new approaches.
- Work with engineering team and QA to identify issues and fix them.
What do we require from you?
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and comfortable collaborating with others.
- At least 1 year experience with C++.
- Currently enrolled in a B.S. or Master’s degree program and have completed several computer science courses.
- Experience working on a game project, either as a student or on personal time.
- Experience working with a game engine (Unreal Engine 4 preferable, others acceptable).
- Comfortable and practiced with coding tools, such as Source Control (Perforce), debugger (Visual Studio) and scripting languages
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law