This individual needs to have expert knowledge and professional experience with all the intricacies of digital sculpting, 3D modeling, and character design.
Broadview Education Consortium (BEC) is a consortium of colleges and universities committed to providing career-focused education that assists their students in reaching their career and life goals. We provide students with tools for success – knowledge, skills and credentials that support their immediate and long-range goals. This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking university. Our philosophy is to simply and comprehensively bridge the gap between student potential and employer needs. This drives our commitment to our employees and our community.
Responsibilities of this position may include:
• Develop and present the curriculum as stated in the course syllabus
• Develop and prepare various teaching methodologies appropriate for the specific course and content
• Prepare, administer and grade evaluation criteria to assess student progress
• Maintain accurate attendance and evaluation records
This individual needs to have expert knowledge and professional experience with all the intricacies of digital sculpting, 3D modeling, and character design including:
• Expert knowledge in Maya and ZBrush
• High-poly models, model efficient low-poly meshes and author high to low asset bakes and sculpting
• 3D printing techniques
• UV, Texture, and Material Creation
• Self-motivated, ability to communicate advanced concepts to students
Qualifications: Ideal candidates posses the following qualities:
• Student-centered philosophy in support of academic excellence
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on quick response time
• Effective problem-solving and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to learn and use necessary technology quickly and adeptly
• Adaptability; able to succeed in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment
• Passion and enthusiasm for discipline and/or area of profession
• Applicants are required to possess a BA, or a BFA; and at least four years of professional experience in a related field.
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in game development or film production in modeling and texturing 3D assets using Maya, and ZBrush
• Exhibit a current active online portfolio that is representative of the focused industry career.
• Experience teaching in higher education preferred
• Faculty must meet the academic credentials required through the affiliation of accreditation agencies
• Teaching experience preferred
Company History and Highlights:
Broadview Education Consortium (BEC) consortium includes: Broadview University, Institute of Production and Recording, Broadview Entertainment and Arts University, and Minnesota School of Cosmetology. With locations in Idaho, Minnesota, Utah and Wisconsin. BEC is an equal opportunity employer, supporting a diverse workforce as well as a long time supporter of our military veterans. We offer eligible employees the following benefits: dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, medical insurance, a 401k plan, tuition benefits, flexible spending accounts and personal time off (PTO). Employees are encouraged to achieve personal and professional goals in a flexible, dynamic and success-oriented work environment. Background screening will be conducted on final candidate as part of the hiring process